Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How it began - for me...




I am not a writer, or even a blogger, however over last few weeks I have been compelled to write something; anything.  So since I have been so enamored, or obsessed if you prefer, to the TV show Alias, I thought I would start there.  Now I have to tell you upfront that I am not a fan of science fiction in anyway.  When I sat down on a random Monday evening scrolling through the Netflix recommendations I came upon Alias.  It seemed like a good idea.  After watching the Pilot episode I was so excited to get to know this new character.  I had no idea what I had just gotten myself into.  Another thing to note is that I have wonderful perks as part of my job.  I work from home taking phone calls during the graveyard shift.  And during the time in April of 2013 that I began watching Alias, I would average maybe 9-12 calls during an 8 hour shift.  So I would have an average of 7 hours just sitting and waiting for phone calls to come in.  I had plenty of time to invest myself in the show as I went through my shift.  I had no idea that by the time I got off and was into the series 9 episodes that I would be so attached.  I could not let go of the constant cliffhangers at the end of every episode.  So by the time Sunday evening rolled around I had watched all 105 episodes and wanted more.  So long story short I watched the entire series, twice within 2 weeks.  I couldn’t get enough.  


Now as I mentioned I am not a fan of Science Fiction.  So I have to admit that when I watched Alias the first time through, I was bored with many of the main story lines.  But those character building episodes made me giddy.  But no matter how I tried, I could not get enough of the perfect chemistry between Sydney and Vaughn.  To make my point a little better, I’ll go with a little TMI.  The sexual tension that built up between the two of them brought out my own tension.  My husband didn’t watch much of the show with me, but he was more than happy to let me consume my time with it.  He was reaping the benefits of the sexual tension in more ways than the obvious.  I wanted to be like them.  They were/are the perfect couple in my eyes.  They communicated well; they even knew the right way for a couple to fight.  In a weird way I think that my marriage actually improved after seeing what I wanted to become.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment