Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I'm back!




So I’m back, at least I’m going to try and be.  You may have noticed that the videos that I wanted to update haven’t been updated, and you still can’t view them, I will work on fixing those eventually, but it will take some time. I would rather spend my time getting back into the analysis of each episode and the effect it had on the Sydney/Vaughn relationship.  

Also I have mentioned it in other posts, but thank you for your patience with me as I had to take a break from all responsibilities and hobbies while I healed, and took care of myself and family.  I really appreciated your kind notes, as well as encouragement to keep going on this blog. It really meant a lot to me.  As for this blog going forward, I have given myself a goal of posting a breakdown of an episode every week. I’m not sure if I will be able to achieve that goal, but I am certainly going to try. 

Alias has so many amazing story lines throughout the series, but as I’ve mentioned in other posts, the one that always stands out to me is the missing two years. I have so many theories about what happened during that time, but that is for another post. But as I was going through this blog last night, I was trying to figure out what my mind set was during each post, as well as watching some of the episodes leading into season four to get me ready to post about Alias again. I ended up finding a deleted scene from season 4 episode 2, it’s a scene that has Sydney and Vaughn discussing their relationship and what Jack did. (I’ll post it in that episodes recap.) But Sydney tells Vaughn that building their relationship back up is going to take some time. Because they aren’t the same people anymore, and that they need time to get to know each other again.  I’ve seen that deleted scene many times, in fact I am the one who loaded it onto YouTube, but last night it stuck with me. I’ve spent most of the last two years going from close to dead and barely remembering anything when the chemo was at its worst, to rebuilding my life back up. During that time, we built a new home, and I’ve been able to go back to doing some of the things that I love doing that I haven’t been able to do. Through all that I’ve discovered that I have become a different person as well. I have done things that I swore I would never ever do. I only tell you this because while I do still love and adore Sydney and Vaughn and all of the Alias adventures I’m not sure if I can tell the story in the same way as I used to. I hope that as I go back into the series, like I was in 2013, I will be able to find that voice that my readers have come to enjoy, but it may take time and my experiences may have me looking at some scenes in a new light. Thank you in advance for your continued patience and support.
 
**** The above portion was written over a month ago, I was so excited to get back to doing this. I had/have the season four opener half way written and I was/am really happy with the direction that it was going in. I felt like I was kinda getting back into the groove. Then one night, I sat down to start watching/thinking/analyzing/writing and Alias had disappeared from Netflix. I was heartbroken. I have the DVD’s but with my work situation, working off my DVD’s wasn’t something that I could really work with in the conditions that I am working in. So I was trying to come up with some other solution. Then tonight I was reading a TVLine article that piqued my interest with an excerpt about Bones. Then as a total bonus for me it mentioned Alias in it, and I found out that Hulu is now streaming Alias. So a solution has been found and I am going to be turning it on and getting back to the episode breakdown. By the way, my daughter thought that I was completely crazy when I found out, since I suddenly sat up strait and screamed “Yes!” when I discovered it. By the way, I found it completely ironic that the article mentioned watching APO part 1 in the Alias portion. ****

Come back soon to see the first episode breakdown of season 4. I know earlier I mentioned I will try for every week, but since the holidays are approaching, and I am in the middle of my family’s birthday season, today is the 2nd birthday out of 5 in a 50 times period with Christmas a week later. So I’ll try and aim for the every week or so starting in January. I’m really excited to get going on this again, season four is my least favorite season, but I am finding a lot of fun stuff that I want to touch on, and some of my favorite Syd & Vaughn moments come from season four. It’s going to be fun. Plus the Sydney & Vaughn relationship roller coaster over the next two seasons is one you won’t want to miss.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a blessing to each and every Sydney Vaughn fan. Even the blog's name is so beautiful. Your blog always gave me a huge grin every time I open it. Please continue updating this. Thanks so much. ^_^

    ReplyDelete